Welcome to the Bridal Suite
Thanks for trusting me to capture your wedding! I created this page for my couples to give them an idea of how I plan out your wedding day for Photography. I hope that this will help you have some peace of mind that I have a plan already in place for when you hire me as your wedding photographer. Of course, every wedding is unique and different. But this is generally my guide for couples.
The Engagement Session
Chances are, we are already discussing or finalized the Engagement Session location, if we didn't already shoot it yet! This will and always will be complimentary for all couples that choose me to be their photographer. Once we discussed and finalized the location for the engagement session, you will want to look up my top tips for you and your fiance. Check out my tips here.Top 7 Engagement Session Tips
Wedding Information Form
We probably already discussed that I will need Vendor & Venue information for the day of your wedding. During our consultation, we talked about where the ceremony and reception will be taking place. This form gives me additional information such as Dj Information, Getting Ready locations etc. It is important to fill out the form prior to your wedding so I show up at the correct locations. I will likely follow up with you 2 weeks prior to your big day to remind you to provide this information.Form Link
The Shot List
The Shot List is important for me to know what shots are essential on your wedding day! This is an option. Usually a shot list will be used to ensure that I get all the groupings of friends and family for the formal shots after the ceremony. Please fill this out along with the information form.Form Link
Wedding Day Photography Timeline
Relax! I got you. I am your best friend, and I will help you be on schedule. Generally, this timeline is what I follow for your wedding day. Of course, as I mentioned, every wedding is different and unique. If there are any particular circumstances or events, just let me know. I will call you 1-2 weeks before your wedding to verify the timeline with you. I will start at the specified time we discussed in the agreement (I show up early). The timeline will usually flow like this:
- Getting Ready & Details of Invitations, Bride's Jewelry, & Wedding Rings - Having the Rings, Jewelry, Invitations, and any other essential details packed in a Ziplock bag on the day of your wedding would make things easy! My 2nd Photographer or I will usually like to start the day at the bride and/or groom's getting ready location to capture moments of everyone getting ready and begin with details such as the rings, ties, shoes and other meaningful details.
- Bridal Party Groupings, Mom & Dad - I then start the group shots of your bridesmaids and groomsmen together and other family members. I also like to fit in shots of mom or dad seeing you for the first time as you finish getting ready. Please make sure they are close by for photos! I like to try and do a small set up with Mom & Dad seeing her Bride or Groom for the first time.
- First Looks - What is a first look? This article on Brides.com gives you Pros and Cons of the first look. Decide what you think is best, or ask my opinion if you are not sure. Click here If we have decided to do first looks, I will take you and your fiance to a location we agreed on to see you before the ceremony and capture the moment as it happens. Usually, the Groom will be hidden away so he won't see you arrive! Couples that decide to do a first look should bring family and the bridal party for photos as well. The overall goal here is to get the bridal party shots done before the ceremony for couples that choose to have more time at cocktail hour. I will also use this time to get shots of just you and your fiance for some portraits of only you both. For even more time, bring family members for groupings! Ignore this step if we decided not to do a first look, and go the traditional route.
- The Ceremony - Ceremony Time! I will typically leave from the getting ready location(s) 30 mins before the ceremony begins. I will need that time to set up any flashes (if required) and other equipment before you arrive. I will be capturing candid moments of everyone arriving at the ceremony. If I have a second photographer with me this day, they will also be there in a different area of the ceremony. I will be capturing reactions as the moment happens.
- Cocktail Hour - If we did not do a first look, this would be the time that I will get shots of Family Groupings. Usually happens at the ceremony location inside or outside of the venue. The shot list you filled out, and Maid of Honor (or designated helper) will come in handy to help wrangle up all the people you want for traditional family/friends group shots. I will also use this time to get the bridal party together for fun shots after the ceremony. Lastly, I will take you and your now-husband/wife to a location around the ceremony for some portraits of only the two of you. If we did the first look, I would merely be capturing candid moments of you interacting with your guests before the reception, and steal you away to get shots of you in the reception area before your guests arrive (trust me, you will want this shot)
- Reception - Time for the Party to Start! I use this time is for me to capture loads of candids. I will capture the speeches, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss, dancing, and any other events that you outlined in the forms. Usually, I will stay for half of the reception unless you booked me for a more extended time slot. Don't be surprised if I try to steal you both during the reception for some creative night time portraits! I promise to be quick and let you go back to the party.
That's a Wrap on your wedding! I am exhausted! I had a lot of fun... now what?
I edit the best Photos and Deliver them!
After you get a tease of one of your photos from the day, in about 4-6 weeks (Great photos take time) you will receive an online gallery by e-mail. The gallery will be similar to this one: Sample Gallery where you can view, download the Hi-Res/Web sized versions, and even order prints.
Photo Album Design
I will soon then be setting up a time and date to show you a pre-designed photo album that came with your wedding package. We can set this up at a local coffee shop, restaurant, home, or online via webcam! Whatever is more comfortable for you both. During the album design, I may even show you some crazy canvas and acrylic wall art! Most couples tend to upgrade their album. The print credit you receive in your package can be used to upgrade the album.
I hope this bridal suite page helps you as my client put your mind at ease and know that there is already a plan in place for your wedding day! Just remember to always share any and all important details of your day with me during the planning phase. It is always best to let me know about all your plans and shots you need during the last follow up phone call (typically 1-2 weeks before the wedding). If my schedule allows it, I can even show up for rehearsal! Don't be shy to invite me to that if you feel it would be beneficial for me. That is pretty much it! If you have any additional questions or concerns, you know how to reach me!